HOME FACILITIES RATES CABINS THINGS TO DO PROPERTY MAP CONTACT US
French Broad River Half Day Deluxe with Lunch
Class II & III
(minimum age: 8)
A rafting trip on the French Broad takes you down the world's third oldest river and flows through scenic Pisgah National Forest in the mountains of North Carolina. Or upgrade to the Full Day Raft Trip
The 4 to 5-hour half-day Deluxe French Broad option offers a fun and splashy, five-mile river ride on Class II-III whitewater and a riverside picnic lunch.
|Total Trip Time|| ||4-5 hours|
|River Miles|| ||5 miles|
|Time on River|| ||3 hours|
|Age Requirements|| ||8 years|
Some quick facts about the French Broad River:
- The French Broad River got its name because the river flowed north toward French owned land and because the river is so broad (wide).
- The main stem of the French Broad River is in Rosman, North Carolina.
- The French Broad River is one of two rivers that flows North in the United States.
- The French Broad River flows 210 miles through Asheville, North Carolina, then north to Tennessee and into the Mississippi River and then into the Gulf of Mexico.
- The French Broad River is a free flowing river that includes plenty of small mouth bass and catfish which makes for a great day of fishing.
- The French Broad River is one of the oldest rivers with the Nile and New river predating the French Broad.
Trips on the historic French Broad River begin in the tiny town of Barnard, NC. Group launches in a large eddy, or still pool of water, which allows time to practice paddling strokes before heading downriver.
Half Day Trip Includes:
Pitstop (stop for lunch)
(Half-Day trips end here.)
Full Day Trips Continue To:
Frank Bell's Rapid
See all Rafting Packages
View cabins and detailed description